Frequently asked questions
Which rowing machines does the Holofit work with?
- Concept 2 PM5
- WaterRower with SmartRow
- TechnoGym SkillRow
- StairMaster HIIT Rower
(any other FTMS-Bluetooth enabled rowing machines)
Do you have vr worlds recommended for rowing?
There are worlds best suited to rowing but of course you can still be on a exercise bike or ellptical for them.
Cambridge (row on the famous river and take in the amazing scenary at the famous university)
Aiguebelette (where the rowing worlds championships have been held and its been recreated so you can enjoy it)
Why are rowing machines a good workout?
1. It’s a total body workout
2. It’s low-impact
3. It can be meditative
4. It can be meditative
5. It’s a great alternative to the treadmill or elliptical
What resistence setting on rowing machines is best for beginners?
Beginner rowers should start in the 3-5 range. A “10” setting allows the most airflow and therefore the highest resistance.
Higher settings create more strength-oriented workouts, which are more difficult to sustain and, therefore, yield less aerobic benefits.
Rowing machine Vs Treadmill
- unless you are rowing at the highest levels of resistance, you probably won’t burn as many as you would on a treadmill
- will give you a low-impact workout no matter how intensely you use it
- Rowing is more effective for building muscle because it works the muscles in both your upper and lower body at the same time
- will focus on your lower body
- run on a treadmill, you will burn more calories per hour than you would on a rower
- if you are walking it will be low-impact but if you are jogging or running it then becomes a high-impact workout that might harm your knees
Rowing machine Vs Elliptical machine
- Rowing machines are more effective for strengthening your core, as you will use it to keep your torso straight during your rowing workout (if you maintain proper form)
- will engage both your upper and lower body, but it will not strengthen your core as much as a rowing machine will
- will give you a better workout for your chest and triceps than what you would get from using a rowing machine
- generally burn just a few more calories on an elliptical trainer than you would on a rowing machine
Rowing machine Vs Exercise bike
- will work your entire body
- because a rowing machine uses more resistance during your workout you are likely to experience burning calories even after your workout
- exercise bike will work mostly your lower body
- exercise bike will burn more calories than a rowing machine
In summary the main difference is that a rowing machine will give you a full body workout while an exercise bike will give you only a lower body workout.